Mike Loya Academic Services Bldg. Room 223
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time
Phone: (915) 747-5491
Fax: (915) 747-5788
UTEP Graduate School
500 W University Drive
El Paso TX 79968
Dean of the Graduate School
Enrollment and Graduation Services
- Advises faculty, staff and students on university-established graduate
policies and procedures.
- Provides information and support to prospective students regarding admission
to graduate programs.
- Assists with graduate application, admission, enrollment, and the graduation process.
- Manages the processing of all graduate applications and review of program requirements
to verify admissions eligibility.
- Facilitates the program admission decision process by preparing files for review.
- Facilitates processes that mark graduate students' progress toward degree.
- Assists students with thesis and dissertation formatting for uniformity, consistency and adherence to university guidelines and coordinates release of the ETD for public access.
- Serves as liaison for departments and graduate programs by offering information
Professional Development and Student Support
- Organizes and facilitates graduate student professional development workshops
and events, including Dissertation Studios and the Graduate Student Research Expo
- Manages graduate student travel grant applications and awards
- Manages and directs Fulbright program for UTEP
- Offers student support such as academic and professional skills advising and
professional document review
- Develops initiatives to recognize and advance excellence in graduate-level mentoring
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Recruitment, Outreach, and Communication
- Develops strategies to increase number students who pursue graduate education
- Collaborates with on- and off-campus stakeholders with outreach and recruitment initiatives
- Develops external agreements that enhance graduate education experience
- Coordinates grant and fellowship funding \
to support graduate education
- Facilitates new graduate and international student orientations
- Develops branding and communication styles
- Develops and maintains webpages
Administrative and Support Services
- Manages the administration of budget and inventory controls to meet fiscal policy compliance
- Prepares all the department's financial and graduate student statistical reports
- Monitors the coordination of project specifications, requirements for contracts and proposals, and associated documents
- Reviews cost factors and estimates used in planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness
- Manages the department's overall administrative activities
- Assists with the management of the National Science Foundation Fellows Grant and Incentive Fellowship Program
- Coordinates Graduate Council logistics
- Supervises and supports student employees
- Fields incoming phone, email and walk-in inquiries and provides excellent customer service to all patrons
Ph.D. Student -